Company History & Timeline
- Sven and John Lundquist worked for CE Johansson in the Early 1900's out of his home in Eskilstuna Sweden.
- In 1923 Sven Lundquist Moved to Dearborn, MI from Eskilstuna Sweden to Manage the C. E. Johansen Division of Ford Motor Company. This coincides with Henry Ford buying the C.E. Johansson Gage block factory in Poughkeepsie NY. Operations were moved from New York to Dearborn Michigan. Ford partnered with C.E.
Johansson to provide gage blocks to all necessary facets of Ford Motor Company and ultimately the manufacturing industry at large.
- Carrying on family tradition Sven Lundquist's Grandsons, Eric and Arne founded A.A. Jansson in 1961. A.A. Jansson was founded with the primary purpose of manufacturing gage blocks.
- A. A. Jansson's first manufacturing plant was located in Detroit Michigan on Weaver Street.
- The company was named in honor of Atlie Jansson. Atlie was a well-respected manufacture of Gauging products in Detroit Michigan. He was the owner and operator of Jansson Gauge. He was a fellow Swede and coincidently Eric Lundquist's Father-n-Law.
- Arne's son Karl Lundquist joined A.A. Jansson in 1966. After one year he left the company to work for the Swedish Manufacture C.E. Johansson as National Sales manager for North America. In 1970 Karl F. Lundquist Returned as President of A. A. Jansson.
- Prior to 1970 A.A. Jansson only manufactured Gage Blocks. However Karl saw the opportunity of immerging measurement technologies and began to market a diverse range of measuring products and metrology standards. It was a new era of manufacturing.
- Karl's son Eric joined the Company in 1986. Followed by his Daughter Alison in 1991. Once again the company took on new challenges. The Calibration Lab became A2LA accredited. An effort was made to become one of the primary dimensional calibration laboratories in the United States. A. A. Jansson is focused on the Sales and Service of Measuring equipment and the calibration of dimensional standards.